TDSB e-Learning: Online High School Courses Accredited in Ontario
Note: We don’t work for the TDSB! If you have any questions about their program, you’d be better off emailing or calling them to ask. We don’t know much more than what we’ve presented here.
Toronto District School Board and e-Learning
Are you interested in attending an online school in Canada? Attending an online school is quickly becoming the wave of the future, and many districts are finally catching on to this fact. A great example of this is the Toronto District School Board. Here is some information about their program and how it can benefit students.
TDSB is ranked as the fourth largest school board in North America. This board of education covers almost 600 schools and they serve over 250,000 students every year. And because the Toronto District School Board understands the needs of it students to be prepared for the future they now offer online courses at a highschool level through their e-Learning site. Furthermore, not only is an online setting important for future educational purposes but for business practices as well. This is because many businesses are now offering further education and training via an online platform.
When and How?
TDSB offered their eLearning credit courses since September 2009. What they offer is the chance for students and teachers alike to have collaborative and independent learning opportunities in an online classroom. Furthermore, all classroom courses will be provided by the Ministry of Education through e-Learning Ontario.
Here is a list of what their courses will entail.
- All courses will be taught by TDSB secondary school teachers
- These courses will be will be a part of the student’s timetable
- Students will be able to see these courses on their transcript when they have completed them
- All courses will be compliant with both the TDSB and the Ministry expectations and policies
Benefits of e-Learning in an Online School
There are literally tons of benefits to an online program such as this. From students being able to partake in classes that would not normally be available to them to students being able to learn in a totally new environment, this online school education will bring participants to a whole new level of learning. Here are a two more benefits of this virtual education.
- Utilizes current technologies to bring both current and accurate information to students
- Allows for the opportunity to resolve any timetable conflicts because it will increase opportunities
Is an Online School Atmosphere for You?
While attending distance education classes is an amazing experience, it may not be for every type of student. Here is a list of qualifications that an e-Learning student may possess. A typical e-Learning student should be:
- Self motivated and self directed in that they can effectively organize their time without direct supervision
- Comfortable using computer technology
- Able to work independently
- Have access to a computer and the internet
Furthermore, one of the main requirements of students in such a setting would be that they spend just as much time attending the online school courses as they would in a normal offline school setting.
If you need Ontario-recognized high school credits from an online school, and you think this sounds right for you, check their e-Learning registration page.